Go Back-to-School Sustainably
Put your best carbon footprint forward this school year!
Implementing the smallest changes for your back to school routine will make a big environmental difference.
Here are a few suggestions for your back to school prep list.
- Check around the house to see what you can repurpose this school year.
- Good old fashion pencils are best
- PVC-free pens, planners, binders
- Smart phones, lap tops or tables help to reduce paper consumption, if not, use recycled paper
- Purchase used books when possible
- Reusable lunch boxes and water bottles
- Rethink your mode of transportation for your commute to school and after school functions. Walking or biking is not only eco-friendly, but also a terrific forms or exercise! If that’s not an option, ride the school bus or carpool with neighbors or friends.
- Spread awareness of sustainable practices
Over time, these small eco-friendly lifestyle changes become habit and you adopt an eco-conscious mindset!