NATIONAL RECYCLING DAY
Are you an “every day” recycler? If not, here are some basic recycling tips to help you get started.
- Convenience is Key - Have a dedicated recycling bin or trash can beside your general trash can.
- Keep it Simple – glass bottles - cans – paper – cardboard
- Keep it Clean – empty, rinse and dry to avoid contaminating your entire recycling batch
- Size Matters – anything smaller than a credit card cannot be recycled
- Reusable Bags – plastic bags are NOT recyclable
- Just Say NO – Be mindful of how you purchase products
- Not Everything is Recyclable – local recycling websites will provide guidelines
Swell Vision is an advocate of environmental citizenship. We strongly encourage you to make recycling a daily habit. This is an easy thing to do but it takes dedication!
TAKE THE SUSTAINABILITY PLEDGE
I am committed to:
- I pledge to honor Mother Earth by adopting a "consciously sustainable" lifestyle and to inspire my community and personal network to make conscious choices for the environment.
- I will be consciously aware of how my daily actions, habits and decisions directly impact my environment and will modify these actions to help create a more socially responsible community.
- I will respect, protect and preserve our natural resources by promoting recycling, water conservation, reducing carbon emissions, eliminating single use plastic, choosing locally sourced organic food and any additional actions that benefit our planet.
- I will support the practice of sustainable education to raise the awareness of environmental issues facing the well-being of future generations,
- As a Swell Vision-ARY, I have an obligation to future generations and to Mother Earth herself to become a devoted steward of our planet.
The Future is Now – Educate yourself - Demand Change – Get Involved
"Go Green or Go Home!"