FREE SHIPPING DEADLINE in the US 12/17
Wrap it Up
Tis the season to be environmentally friendly. With Christmas, Hanukkah, and many other holidays right around the corner, this is the time of year that we as consumers are least eco friendly. In order to reduce your carbon footprint this holiday season take a look at some tips the Swell team has come up with to remain environmentally friendly during the festivities.
- Newspaper & Twine: these materials are cheap and environmentally friendly, not to mention, they pair well together like a fine wine and cheese. Pro tip: use the funnies.
- Paper Bags: Use paper bags from your grocery trips, or from any other shopping you may have done this holiday season. Make your own name tags to add a personal touch.
- Don't wrap anything, instead make gift giving an interactive experience by sending your loved ones on a scavenger hunt to find their treasures.
- Donate to a charity on behalf of your recipient -- this will score you extra do gooder brownie points, as it needs no wrapping and goes to a good cause.
- Buy tickets to a local preforming arts concert, play, or community event -- another gift that doesn't require wrapping and supports local businesses.
After the gift giving holidays die down we will all be getting dressed up to celebrate the end of 2016. This year do something different and compete in the unofficial Macklemore Challenge. Recycle your clothes instead of buying a new outfit. Get together with your friends and swap dresses, go to a local thrift store, or wear something that you already own. There is no need to buy a new outfit for one evening, so you will be saving money and feel good about making a green decision.